- 2 quarts of canned sliced peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tsp corn starch
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- Preheat dutch oven to 250 degrees.
- Dump peaches and juice into D.O.
- Dissolve cornstarch into water and stir into peaches.
- Sprinkle sugar, covering the surface.
- Cover and simmer.
- Mix all ingredients except milk in a large bowl.
- Add about half the milk and mix.
- Mix in more milk as needed until a soft dough is formed.
- Pat the dough out onto a floured board until it is 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Open the D.O. and crisscross the strips on the peaches.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes until crust is browned.
Scouting Resources http://scouting.thaynefam.org/