Creole Beans and Rice
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 small chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 16 oz can tomato sauce
- 15 oz can red beans
- 15 oz can black beans
- 14 oz can vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 tsp hot red pepper sauce
- Heat oil in D.O. at 325 degrees.
- Add celery, onion, peppers.
- Cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add all ingredients and mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until rice is cooked, about 20 minutes.
Scouting Resources http://scouting.thaynefam.org/